You can earn a professional music degree in five years
When you earn your Bachelor of Music in Music and Worship from Moody Bible Institute, you get 86 credits of music that prepare you for any career in music and music ministry. You’ll gain professional-level abilities and be equipped to articulate your biblically based philosophy of music ministry. Learn to provide oversight for a church music program and integrate various cultures, styles, and technologies within the discipline of church music.
Receive high-caliber music performance training in your applied field—whether it’s voice, piano, instrumental, composition, or organ—from distinguished applied faculty.
Your Music and Worship Studies
As you study, you’ll:
- Gain practical and professional training in music ministry and vocation
- Be mentored by your professors in individual lessons and ensembles
- Join a peer-supportive community in your ensembles, studios, and classroom
- Combine music studies with Moody’s unique biblical and theological core
- Practice what you’re learning in your PCM, at your internship, and with your classmates
- Learn from the music available in downtown Chicago
Meet your Music and Worship professors
Study with professors who have years of practical and academic experience.
- Learn from Dr. Brian Lee, program head and renowned pianist.
- Study with Dr. Jori Jennings, professor of Music and vocal studies coordinator.
- Master music theory with Dr. Jae Hyeok Jang, composer and author of theory texts.
- Learn modern music skills with Dr. David Gauger, soloist with Elgin symphony, electronic music instructor, and Worship Collectives director.
- Study contemporary musical periods with experienced music educator and Gospel Choir director Sondra Davis.
- Study global music in the context of missions from intercultural music expert and renowned organist Dr. Elizabeth Naegele.
Moody’s diverse adjunct musical faculty can provide rich education and real-world music ministry expertise to help prepare you for your future.
Learn More about your faculty.
Jobs you can get with a BMus in Music and Worship degree
When you graduate with a BMus in Music and Worship, you’ll have the practical skills necessary for a wide variety of jobs. You can be a:
- Worship leader
- Music minister or pastor
- Performing or recording artist
- Music teacher
- Arts administrator
- Musician (various disciplines)
Learn more about the ensemble and music experiences you’ll have at Moody by visiting the Music Division.
Every class in your degree is paid for by the Chicago Tuition Grant, so tuition is worry-free. Every Chicago undergraduate student is awarded this grant, worth up to $10,000 a year. You’re only responsible to pay the remaining amount for room and board, fees, and costs—making a Moody degree the best value in Christian education. Find out how to defray the remaining costs with scholarships, grants, student loans, student employment, and veterans benefits.