You can get trained in Bible and music at the same time
When you earn your Bachelor of Arts in Music from Moody Bible Institute, you will receive training in both music and Bible that you can use anywhere you go. You’ll learn from a broad range of musical experiences, including applied lessons, ministry tours, internships, and competitions. Join a core or choice ensemble and get practical experience and training in leading worship or in the performing arts.
Music Ministry Emphasis: Prepare to enter a church or worship ministry. Get a broad range of music-oriented experiences that will make you ready for a variety of music-focused career options such as teaching, performing, or leading worship in a church or ministry.
Worship and Media Arts Emphasis: Take a music core combined with core courses in the Communications program to prepare you for a worship and media ministry position.
Your Music Studies
As you study, you’ll:
- Receive practical and professional training in music ministry and performance
- Get spiritual and musical mentoring through lessons and ensembles
- Join a peer-supportive, prayerful community in ensembles, studios, and the classroom
- Combine intense musical education with Moody’s unique biblical and theological core
- Practice what you’re learning in your PCM and at your internship
- Take advantage of the musical arts in downtown Chicago
Meet your Music professors
Study with professors who have years of practical and academic experience.
- Learn from Dr. Brian Lee, program head and renowned pianist.
- Study with Dr. Jori Jennings, professor of Music and vocal studies coordinator.
- Master music theory with Dr. Jae Hyeok Jang, composer and author of theory texts.
- Learn modern music skills with Dr. David Gauger, soloist with Elgin symphony, electronic music instructor, and Worship Collectives director.
- Study contemporary musical periods with experienced music educator and Gospel Choir director Sondra Davis.
- Study global music in the context of missions from intercultural music expert and renowned organist Dr. Elizabeth Naegele.
Moody’s diverse adjunct musical faculty can provide rich education and real-world music ministry expertise to help prepare you for your future.
Jobs you can get with a Music Ministry degree
When you graduate with a BA in Music, you’ll have the practical skills necessary for a wide variety of jobs. You can be a:
- Worship leader
- Music minister or pastor
- Performing or recording artist
- Music teacher
- Arts administrator
- Communications director
Every class in your degree is paid for by the Chicago Tuition Grant, so tuition is worry-free. Every Chicago undergraduate student is awarded this grant, worth up to $10,000 a year. You’re only responsible to pay the remaining amount for room and board, fees, and costs—making a Moody degree the best value in Christian education. Find out how to defray the remaining costs with scholarships, grants, student loans, student employment, and veterans benefits.